A little background about my prayer life. As a Christian believer, I did not know the importance of prayer in general, let alone praying for my husband. It took our marriage hanging on by a thread to learn about prayer. Through this trial in our marriage, I began to learn the significance of having a prayer life, covering my husband, children and loved ones in prayer. I saw answers to prayer! I developed a longing to pray to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Becoming a Prayer Warrior
If you read my previous post here about the impact of praying for our husbands, you will come to understand that praying is a powerful strategy to protect your marriage and fight the real enemy. Maybe you are a prayer warrior already going to battle for your marriage and husband but you are stuck on more ways to pray. Another thing that helped me become a prayer warrior was getting in my war room and being led by the Holy Spirit. With that said, I wanted to go a little deeper to provide you with prayer prompts that you can personalize with your husband’s name in them.
Marriage Prayer Prompts
- That (insert husband’s name) would love you as Christ loves the Church
- For God to soften his heart
- May God’s will be done in our marriage
- For there to be effective,loving communication between you and (insert husband’s name)
- For the enemy’s lies to be removed from you and (insert husband’s name) mind and heart
- That God would help you to submit to your husband, (insert husband’s name) as unto the Lord
- May you win him over with a gentle and quiet spirit
- May God enable you to be the wife your husband, (insert husband’s name) needs
- May God enable (insert husband’s name) to be the husband you need him to be
- Rekindle the love, romance and genuine friendship
- Pray for God to put a hedge of protection around your marriage
- Pray for God to give you and (insert husband’s name) a thirst and hunger for God’s word
- Enable my husband and I to fight for our marriage, not each other
- May we practice putting our love in action each day
What prayer would you add? Are there any scriptures that you personalize as prayers for your husband or marriage? Tell me, I’d like to know!
Remember You Can Personalize Scripture, Too
You can also pray and personalize 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.”
As you see, I personalize the word ‘love’ with my and my husband’s name. I replace the word ‘it’ with the word ‘we’.
God is so faithful. Especially when we go to Him in prayer. God loves you, your husband and your marriage.
Don’t give up, you may have a fellow wife who needs your testimony!